Thursday 29 June 2017

The Graveyard Book



The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman 

4.5/5 stars 

I absolutely loved this audio book! I normally don't like it when authors read their own books, as I normally feel it lacks a good performance, but Neil Gaiman does an excellent job of bringing his characters to life. 

These characters are all very quirky, much in Neil Gaiman's style, but these ones are my favourite from his books so far. Bod was an adorable character and I never found him annoying, which is rare for a small kid! I also loved every side character and their interactions with Bod, as they were often either funny, or discussed interesting themes, such as death, Good vs Evil and Youth. 

However, what I loved most about this was the atmosphere. One of my favourite things is when Gothic themes and settings are made fun and lighthearted. So if you know any other books like that, then please let me know!

My Goodreads Review

No comments:

Post a Comment